Sunday, March 7, 2010

9 Amazing Campy Ace Books sci fi covers

While I as going to school Grad school in Ohio, my favorite bookstore had a great selection of Ace Doubles that were 2 or 3 bucks a pop.  After months of rifling through them, I couldn't resist buying a few because of the amazing 1960s style art that was on each side of their covers.



Each "double" includes 2 scifi novellas with its unique cover art on each side of the front cover for the unique stories.  The stories were enjoyable, but really I love these books for the amazing and kitschy cover art.  At the bottom I also included the art from the Phillip K Dick novel "The Crack In Space" which is standalone single novel whose cover is full of campy goodness as well.  I can't get enough of these things and I will almost definitely be purchasing more the next time I stumble on them in a local bookstore. If you love these like I do I suggest you go check out the site http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/ace-books They have a bunch of these books and a ton more great pulp scifi, horror, and westerns among others.



 
  
  
  
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment